StrikeStar van Astrogenic

Welke software gebruik jij voor het zenden (FTP-en) naar het Internet en wat is je ervaring daarmee. Stel vragen of geef opmerkingen over software .
Plaats reactie
dvdijk

StrikeStar van Astrogenic

Bericht door dvdijk » 19 mei 2005 18:36

Afbeelding

Wie helpt Relco aan een server?

StrikeStar is system consisting of a lightning locator (triangulation) server, situation image generator and client software which runs on individual stations alongside NexStorm.

During the winter we have been testing this system in Japan and currently another StrikeStar system is operational and being expanded in Eastern US. Both testing sites have so far produced very encouraging results.

I now intend to set up a LLS for Northern Europe (from Belgium/Germany and northwards, UK excluded) and I am looking for a server provider.

The following minimum specifications have to be met:

Hardware:
1.0+ GHz P4 equivalent processor
512 MB RAM
Sufficient disk space

Internet:
1 Mbit or preferrably faster connection
Static IP or fixed DNS

Operating system:
Win2000, XP Pro or better

If at minimum specs or slightly above, the server will have to be dedicated. If not dedicated the required processor speed is about 2.0 Ghz and it is critical that the load from other processes on the server is minimal. NexStorm should NOT be run on the server.

Other requirements:
External access to me and one more person must be allowed so that system calibration and maintenance work can be done when needed.

FTP with access to StrikeStar files is acceptable but preferrably we'd like to see a remote windowing type of access.

I need to ensure that the server+connection can handle future upgrades, network expansion and add-on software and will consider every offer I get.

Please contact me at relko@astrogenic.com if you are able to provide a server for this project.
Extreme Weather - Thunderstorms ! Devastating and Loud, Windy and Frightening but......always Exciting!

dvdijk

Uitleg StrikeStar

Bericht door dvdijk » 19 mei 2005 18:39

Uitleg StrikeStar

Door op de link hieronder te klikken kunt u zien wat StrikeStar eigenlijk inhoud. Er zijn testen gedaan in Japan.

Kijk hier.

Een dergelijk systeem komt er ook in Nederland. Weerstation Kollumerzwaag is al aangemeld aan gaat zeker meedoen, gezien de ligging. Relko, alvast bedankt.

Voorbeeld voor Noord - Europa
Afbeelding
Extreme Weather - Thunderstorms ! Devastating and Loud, Windy and Frightening but......always Exciting!

Plaats reactie